Professor / Associate Professor : Human Settlement:
Professor / Associate PROFESSOR: Human Settlement:
Alice CAMPUS: Ref NO 8447
PROFESSOR SALARY: R 881 693 – R 1 098 697 (All-inclusive package)
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: R 710 934 – R 885 248 (All-inclusive package)
SENIOR LECTURER: R 575 270 – R 715 670 (All-inclusive package)
- A Doctorate
- A minimum of 10 years teaching and research experience for the Professor position.
- A proven publications record at the level commensurate with the position of Professor Demonstrated knowledge of social theory
- A proven record of accomplishment of postgraduate research supervision
- Undergraduate and postgraduate course co-ordination
- General academic management and administrative experience
- A proven record of accomplishment in teaching courses in Human Geography/Town Planning/Urban History/Urban Anthropology, Sociology of Development, Social Science Methodology (qualitative & quantitative approaches)
- Demonstrated ability to attract and mange research funding
- Willingness to lead research capacity building initiatives in the Human Settlement field of knowledge thereby taking the Department to greater heights.
- The successful candidate is also expected to teach up to 4 courses or modules per semester
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
- Teach in various areas of Human Settlement.
- Refine curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Participate in community engagement.
- Produce accredited academic publications.
- Provide research leadership to staff and students within the Department and Faculty.
- Promote a niche area of research in the Department.
- Identify opportunities for national and international research/academic collaborations with the Department and Faculty.
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus. The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint