Professor / Associate Professor: Epidemiology And Biostatistics
Faculty of Health Sciences
Professor / Associate Professor: Epidemiology And Biostatistics:
EAST LONDON CAMPUS: REF NO 8448
PROFESSOR: R 878 958 – R 1 098 697 (All-inclusive package)
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: R 701 580 – R 876 975 (All-inclusive package)
- PhD in related field
- Substantial practical or professional experience gained from practice in field of Public Health
- Five to ten years’ experience in teaching (and undertaking research) in the higher education sector will be an added advantage
- Experience in teaching Senior Public Health Leaders
- The candidate will be required to teach, develop and write various modules within the respective field of teaching in Public Health Department
- Research and publish in accredited journals
- Supervision of Post Graduate students
- Participate in community engagements/initiatives of the Faculty and Policy Seminars
- Participate in development of new curriculum/academic programmes and perform any other administrative/academic tasks assigned by the Dean of Health Sciences
- Form partnerships with stakeholders in different departments of both private and public institutions concerning the teaching of students
- To prepare future Health Care professions who are responsive to the needs of Society
- Develop case studies for teaching own specialty area
- Leadership in coordinating academic programme in related field.
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus. The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint