Professor / Associate Professor: Economics: Alice Campus
Professor / Associate Professor: Economics: Alice Campus - Ref No: 5040
PROFESSOR SALARY: R 881 693 – R 1 098 697 (All-inclusive package)
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: R 710 934 – R 885 248 (All-inclusive package)
- An appropriate PhD qualification in Economics
- A proven research record supported by publications in accredited Journals (latest four articles within the last two years)
- A strong postgraduate supervision record (with a minimum of at least two PhDs students completed)
- Ability and experience to teach Econometrics at honours level
- At least three years’ experience in a University environment.
- Experience in teaching Environmental Economics, Health Economics and Transport Economics is an added advantage
- Provide academic leadership
- Teaching, Learning and assessment of undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Assist curriculum design and implementation of newly accredited programmes.
- Assist with preparation of new programmes for approval and accreditation by relevant bodies in the country within a problem based and case based teaching environment
- Participate in collaborative research projects locally and internationally
- Supervise postgraduate students research projects
- Integrate research in communities
- Ensure good relations with stakeholders
- Mentor junior staff
- Represent the department at faculty and University level committees
- Engage with the departmental stakeholders
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus. The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint