Professor / Associate Profesor: Information Systems:
Professor / Associate Profesor: Information Systems: East London Campus: Ref No 9878
PROFESSOR SALARY: R 881 693 – R 1 098 697 (All-inclusive package)
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: R 710 934 – R 885 248 (All-inclusive package)
- Possession of doctoral degree in Information Systems/Informatics, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Ten (10) years University teaching experience with a proven research output for Professor, or eight (8) years for Associate Professor.
- Demonstrated excellence to teach, conduct research and supervise postgraduate students’ projects to PhD level.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake academic/research leadership responsibilities at departmental or institutional levels.
- Ability and willingness to participate in community engagement projects.
- Demonstrated evidence of being able to attract research / teaching funding.
- For a Professor appointment, (an NRF rating would be preferable).
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
- Teach in various areas of Information Systems.
- Refine curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Participate in community engagement.
- Produce accredited academic publications.
- Provide research leadership to staff and students within the Department and Faculty.
- Promote a niche area of research in the Department.
- Identify opportunities for national and international research/academic collaborations with the Department and Faculty.
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus. The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint