Professor / Associate Profesor: Industrial Psychology
Professor / Associate Profesor: Industrial Psychology: Alice Campus:
PROFESSOR SALARY: R 881 693 – R 1 098 697 (All-inclusive package)
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: R 710 934 – R 885 248 (All-inclusive package)
- Possession of doctoral degree with specialization in Industrial Psychology
- Industry-related experience in the field strongly recommended.
- Ten (10) years University teaching experience with a proven research output for Professor, or eight (8) years for Associate Professor.
- Registration with HPCSA as an Industrial Psychologist
- Demonstrated excellence to teach, conduct research and supervise postgraduate students’ projects to PhD level.
- Advanced theoretical knowledge and insights into the field.
- A substantial number of conference papers, peer-reviewed publications or other acceptable research outputs.
- Peer-recognition as a specialist in the field and a potential to make a substantial contribution to the discipline or field.
- Provide academic leadership
- Teach in various areas of Industrial Psychology and Human Resource Management
- Assist with curriculum design and implementation of new programmes
- Assist with preparation of new programmes for approval and accreditation by relevant bodies in the country
- Integrate research in communities
- Produce accredited academic publications
- Promote a niche area of research in the Department.
- Identify opportunities for national and international research/academic collaborations with the Department
- Mentor junior staff in the Department
- Engage and ensure good relations with Departmental stakeholders
- Establish an advisory board for the Department
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus. The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint