MANAGER: POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
GOVAN MBEKI RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
MANAGER: POSTGRADUATE STUDIES: Alice Campus: Ref No. 0645
SALARY: R 575 270 - R 715 670 (All-inclusive package)
This post requires an internationally exposed individual with excellent interpersonal skills who will be in a position to understand and support multinational and multicultural postgraduate students and supervisors, as well as being able to build good relationships with postgraduate students and supervisors.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Management and Commercial Studies;
- Accounting and Financial Management background
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective system of internal controls
- Work experience in a university or research-intensive institution/organisation coupled with advanced knowledge of research ethics and integrity
- Profound understanding of research acquired through being an active researcher, and presentations in conferences and workshops
- Strong writing skills and ability to write reports
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis tools such as SPSS, Stata, Nvivo, etc
- Experience in managing and supervising staff in a fully functional unit
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- International exposure
- Planning and management of postgraduate capacity development, as well as their effective processes and procedures.
- Planning and efficient management of postgraduate bursaries
- Conduct internal research that informs effective service design and delivery in support of postgraduate students and supervisors.
- Monitors the implementation of postgraduate policies
- Develops and maintain all postgraduate policy and procedural documents pertaining to bursaries, conference and capacity development processes
- Manages, monitors and evaluates the various operational activities of the Postgraduate Studies Directorate
- Manages the process of capturing data on the ITS system so that accurate students information is ensured
- Overall management of the bursaries, conferences and workshop application processes
- Generates all postgraduate correspondence and information sent by e-mail to staff and postgraduate students
- Develops systems and procedures for the records management of all postgraduate records
- Generates financial and other reports for the Unit
- Supervision of Postgraduate Studies staff members, student assistants and interns.
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATIONAL LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POST YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, with a complete CV, certified copy of your Qualification/s, proof of remuneration and three work-related referees to: email@example.com
2. Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
3. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
4. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Failure to comply with the above directions may result in your application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.