Lecturer: Mathematics/ Physical Science Education
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
LECTURER: Mathematics/ Physical Science Education
SALARY: RR400 000 P.A. (TCTC)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Teaching subject teaching methods modules in mathematics/ mathematical literacy/ physical sciences in Advanced Diploma in Technical and Vocational Education Teaching Programme and other programmes
- Teaching National Certificate (Vocational) curriculum issues in teaching subject
- Participation and leadership in curriculum design, development and implementation of Advanced Diploma in Technical and Vocation Education Teaching programme
- Supporting student teachers in School Experience/ Work Integrated Learning
- Commitment to register and complete a PhD in post school education
- Undertake research for publication either individually or in collaboration
- Work with an appointed mentor
- Initiating and participating in Community Engagement Projects aligned to post schooling sector
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Physical Science Education
- Undergraduate degree with specialization in Mathematics/ Physical Sciences
- Professional Teaching Qualification
- At least 3 years teaching experience in the subject(s)
- Understanding of NCS/ NCV curriculum.
- Experience in TVET/University teaching and research will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
3. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
4. Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile.
The University reserves the right NOT to appoint