Director Teaching and Learning Centre
Ref. No. 2212
Salary : R881 693 – R1 315 702
An exciting opportunity exists at the University of Fort Hare for a motivated and energetic person to play a strategic leadership role in pursuit of teaching and learning excellence in accordance with the University’s vision and mission.
- Provide overall leadership and management of the Teaching and Learning Centre.
- Promote teaching and learning excellence and best practise in close partnership with Deans of Faculties,
- Promote and support academic professional development, student academic development and the integration of technology to enhance teaching and learning,
- Develop and promote the processes for recognising and rewarding teaching excellence,
- Promote innovative pedagogy and curriculum development,
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors and key stakeholders.
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- Extensive managerial and innovative academic development experience in Higher Education,
- Demonstrable professional outputs in one or more areas related to teaching and learning (e.g. curriculum development, assessment, evaluation or eLearning),
- A track record in building and maintaining a positive culture of teamwork, quality client services, participation and professionalism,
- Experience in building key partnerships with colleagues, donors and stakeholders.
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of technology to enhance teaching and learning in Higher Education,
- Broad knowledge of the South African Higher Education policy landscape,
- Extensive experience in financial management of large scale budget,
- Proven project management skills and experience in preparing successful funding applications.
- A teaching qualification will be an added advantage.
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus. The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint