Deputy Vice Chancellor: Institutional Support
The University of Fort Hare seeks to appoint a result driven Deputy Vice Chancellor: Institutional Support to drive both the strategic leadership and operational management of the following portfolios: Human Resources, Information and Communication Technology and Properties and Services. As a member of MANCO, the successful candidate will be part of the strategic leadership team, and be responsible for advancing the Institution's global standing.
- A relevant degree with an MBA/MBL
- A PhD/CA(SA) will be an added advantage.
• Extensive relevant executive management experience within a similar role. Senior management experience within the higher education sector will be an added advantage. Leading similar support functions • Sound experience leading shared services or support functions to ensure efficient and effective functioning of property and services, ICT and HR • Solid strategic leadership, corporate governance, resource management and people management experience •A well respected leader with exemplary personal qualities of integrity, sound judgement, energy, passion and interpersonal skills, who is able to attract and motivate the academic community, students, alumni and external stakeholders.
• Provide strategic advice and support to the Vice Chancellor • Transform and promote the University’s profile in line with its ambition to provide high quality education matching international standards • Conceptualise and provide strategic direction within the portfolios • Promote the development and maintenance of policies, systems and controls relevant to each portfolio • Ensure the effective and efficient management and utilisation of financial and all other resources within each portfolio • Promote and maintain excellence in management, leadership and the respective shared support services • Oversee the management and development of physical infrastructure on all campuses • Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key government and private organisations, partners and stakeholders.
- Leadership and managerial
- Interpersonal relationships management
- Staff development
- Diversity Management
- Mediation and negotiation
- Persuasion and presentation
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Project planning and management
- Performance management
- Report and proposal writing
- Trends analysis
- Computer literacy
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
- Budgeting management
- High degree of business acumen
To apply please send a brief motivation with a self-evaluation by the applicant of his/her suitability for appointment; a detailed Curriculum Vitae; applicants vision for the University; names and contact details of at least three work related referees (one must be current or recent superior) and certified copies of all
Landelahni, t/a N2Growth Africa has been exclusively retained to advice on this assignment. Please forward a CV, along with copies of qualifications, to DVC:lS@Landelahni.co.za N2Growth for attention Lindelwa Maile.